Google

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Review:Frank Millers Sin City

Frank Millers Sin City just happened. Its' not a movie I would have picked. Rather it picked me. I started seeing it coz I was infront of the Tv at that time. But then I kinda got glued staring at the screen wondering what's gonna happen next. It's like a comic strip come alive. Mostly in black and white with splashes of color very occassionally. I must say it's a dark movie in more ways than one. The theme is also very dark. But in this darkness, there is a good vs evil plot going on. It's taken in a different way, the telling of the story, the cinematography - different. The technicians must have worked real hard to get this effect. The story is also rivetting. And the characters. You have all the big actors in this one. Bruce Willis, Mickey Rourke,Jessica Alba, Carla Gugini, Ropsario Dawson, Elijah Wood, Benicio del Toro and others. I found Marv played by Micky the most interesting and also Benicio. This is an unusual movie. However it cannot be classified as a light entertainer. Having said that I must say that it is intriguing.

No comments:

Trailor of Slumdog Millionaire