Google

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Movie Review: Lakshya

Yesterday I finally saw Lakshya. I must say I loved the movie though it was a tad long. It's a Hindi war movie. I say " Hindi" war movie coz a Hindi war movie is very different from an English or Hollywood war movie. You get the basic idea of war and what happened. Yet you feel kinda happy at the end. I have always loved 2 songs in this movie. One is "Mein Aisa Kyon?" and the other is "Agar Mein Kahoon ".The music is by Shankar Ehsaan Loy. Prabhu Deva has choreographed " Mein Aisa Kyoon?" and I thought the songs in the movie are quite apt. The lyrics make sense and the songs and dance sequence add to what the director is trying to convey. By the way Farhan Akhthar has directed this movie and it helps that his father Javed has written the screenplay, story and lyrics. The story is also interesting and unique. I liked the exploration of the teenage dilemma of being confused and not knowing what to do. Plus it gives people an idea about what people in the army do and what they contribute to the country. I think Hrithik, Boman Irani and Preity act really well. But credit also goes to Javed for writing such an intersting storyline and Farhan for directing the movie in such a fascinating manner.

No comments:

Trailor of Slumdog Millionaire