Google

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Movie Review of "Kusselan"

Yeah, that's right. It's Kuselan and not Kuchelan. This was totally unplanned & suffice it to say that I ended up watching "Kuselan" in the theater. It's the Tamil version of Kadhaparayumbol. Meena and the kids are from the original cast. Rajni is the star and has a larger role than Mammoootty had. ( That's only expected). But I am happy that he did have a larger than life role. Rajni's entrance was definitely a defining moment as far as I was concerned, since I don't follow Tamil that well. He offered spectacle and drama. Isn't that what we want? He has his own charm. No denying that. But you may wonder about some of the happenings for instance in one of the scenes or rather songs, he kind of cuts his head off and it reminded me of Banquo from Macbeth. then the rest of the body slowly runs in a nice flowing gown. The head follows and finally joins the torso. But that's the best part. No worries. You know the movie will end well. And what did i make of that scene??? Well, I had a good laugh. Don't think too much. Laugh whenever you can. I almost forgot Nayanthara. The superstar. She brings in dollops of glamour.

1 comment:

Umsy said...

Thanks Vahid for yr interest in my blog!!!

Trailor of Slumdog Millionaire